Hey everyone this is my first post so I figured I would throw out my top fantasy players at each position day by day. Today i will show you my top 10 QBs.
1. Michael Vick, even though he only started 12 games last season he was the top fantasy QB in standard scoring leagues last year. Vick threw for 3,018 yards 21tds 6ints he also ran for 676yards and 9tds. With the Eagles newly bolstered offensive line Vick should last an entire season and his numbers should profit from that.
2. Aaron Rodgers, had yet another brilliant season throwing for 3,922yards 28tds and 11ints he also ran for 356yards and 4tds. Rodgers did all this without Jermichael Finley who was supposed to be one of his main targets and starting running back Ryan Grant.
3. Peyton Manning, posted a career high 4,700yards passing even though most of his WRs were injured and TE Dallas Clark was lost midseason. With a healthy Dallas Clark and other Manning should remain one of the top fantasy QBs this season.
4. Philip Rivers, led all players last year with 4,710 passing yards. He also posted 30tds and 13ints. Rivers accomplished this without Vincent Jackson for most of the season and without Antonio Gates for 6 games. With those players back Rivers should have yet another great season.
5. Tom Brady, had a career low 4ints last season while playing in all 16 games. Brady threw 3,900yards and had 36tds. With the Patriots expected to add more WR talent this offseason Brady should put up great numbers again.
6. Drew Brees, had a career high 4,620yards and a career high 22ints last season. Brees also had 33tds. With Brees throw the ball 41.1 times a game last season he should put up great numbers once again and remain one of the top QBs this upcoming year.
7. Matt Schaub, was 4th last season in passing yards with 4,370. The only QBs above him were Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees. With the Texans having one of the best offenses in the game and Andre Johnson at WR, Schaub should put up numbers similar to last seasons.
8. Josh Freeman, quietly put up one of the best seasons for a fantasy QB. He threw for 3,451yards 25tds and 6ints while running for 364yards. Freeman did all this in only his second year in the NFL. Expect Freeman's numbers to increase and have them possibly pass of some of the names above him.
9. Matt Ryan, put up 3,705yards 28tds and 9ints, all of which were career bests. With the Falcons already having last years reception leader Roddy White and adding the extremely talented Julio Jones via the draft Ryan could take a big step and turn into a great fantasy QB.
10. Matt Stafford, put up 535yards 6tds and 1int in the 2 and a half games he played in this season. With the Lions having the talented Calvin Johnson and a plethora of young guys for Stafford to work with. The Lions were also the 3rd best team when it came to pass attempts. Combine all of that and he should have a great season and might become an elite fantasy QB if he remains healthy.
honorable mentions- Ben Roethlisberger, Sam Bradford, and Joe Flacco.
I do believe the QB class this year is very deep. Also with no CBA currently in place it is still up in the air. As the season draws near i will update this list.